WHAT IS THE Highlands elementary science camp?
This week-long science camp is a collaboration between The Coastal Institute at Camp Ocean Pines and former Highlands teacher Sioux Coghlan, who can't wait to spend spring break at camp with some of her former students!
Registration is open to current 5th grade students from Highlands Elementary School, who will be taught by the Coastal Institute expert naturalist staff and supervised in-cabin by volunteer parent chaperones.
Students who sign up for this awesome week of camp will:
- Kayak in a local estuary!
- Visit the beautiful and historic Hearst Castle!
- Learn to shoot a bow and throw a tomahawk!
- Meet our live raptors – Athena the red-tailed hawk and Earl the great horned owl!
- Hike to the tide-pools and explore the intertidal zone!
- Learn campfire songs/skits and roast marshmallows!
- April 3rd-7th, 2017
- Students will be picked up at school on the morning of April 3rd and dropped off at school the evening of April 7th
- Only current 5th grade Highlands Elementary students will be allowed to enroll
- Parent will be required to submit health information and waivers online after registering their child for camp
- Tuition is $450/student
- Payment option #1: pay in full upon registration
- Payment option #2: pay a $50 deposit upon registration and break the balance into monthly payments
- The deposit is nonrefundable
- Families that choose this option must enter information from a valid credit card and agree to have the card automatically charged each month
- Registration closes on December 7th, 2016
Parent chaperones will be vetted and background checked. If you are interested in volunteering as an overnight parent chaperone, please contact Sioux Coghlan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for this science camp program closed on December 7, 2016
Contact Kat Montgomery, the Outdoor Education Director, at 805-924-4015 or via email at email@example.com